Why talk to a TalentDreams Mentor?
Our mentors come from all walks of life, with diverse backgrounds and varying experiences. Perhaps your parents are divorced and you want to hear from a Mentor with similar experience. Maybe you want to talk to a doctor or professional athlete to better understand what it’s like to go into a certain profession. Or you may just want to hear what it’s like to summit one of the highest mountains in the world, and learn more about why someone would ever want to do something like that.
You may be curious about a Mentor's life experience… career… where they live… or any number of different things. What a Mentor has to share, as it relates to what you’re hoping to hear, may simply be interesting to learn more about. Or, it could be that you walk away with some key piece of insight, some small nudge that leads to a larger impact, months or even years down the road.
Our mentors aren’t here to tell you what to do. They are here to share ideas. Talk about what they’ve seen work well for themselves and others, and share their experiences.
And in the process, it’s very possible you may learn something new, think about something you hadn’t considered before, or simply make a new friend.
We all need cheerleaders and champions. That’s where TalentDreams is here for you.
Start by telling the Mentor a little bit about yourself. Share what caught your attention and made you want to speak with the Mentor in the first place. Lead with anything in particular you’re hoping to get from the time with them. Be sure to share any goals you have, and then see where the conversation goes.
Be curious. Seek to learn, to grow, and to uncover new ideas you may not have thought about before.
- What was the most difficult thing for you at my age?
- What were you passionate about when you were young?
- How did you figure out what you were passionate about?
- What are you passionate about now?
- What helped you in reaching your goals?
- What do you think are some of the most important things that have helped get you to where you are today?
- Why did you want to become a mentor?
- What does your typical day look like?
- What is your next major goal, and what will it take to accomplish it?
- Based on the goals I’ve shared, what thoughts do you have?
- What was the most difficult thing for them at your age?
- Why did they want to become a mentor?
- What does their typical day look like?
- What do they think are some of the most important things that have helped get them to where they are today?
- What is their next major goal, and what will it take to accomplish it?
- Based on the goals you shared, what thoughts do they have?
We hope you have a wonderful experience being a part of TalentDreams, and always want to hear your feedback!